Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day field report

Don't judge me. I'm still in my pajamas. You might be too if you'd gotten up for feedings at 12:30, 3:30, 5:30 and 6:30 a.m. Luckily my BFF Irene acts as my Chief of Reconnaissance every Boxing Day. On December 26 at 0700 hours, she and her husband, brother, sister-in-law and parents storm Polo Park armed with credit cards and cell phones. If one of them identifies a blowout sale with a huge line at the cash, he or she will get in line and call for reinforcements. It's a coordinated shock and awe shopping effort. Irene was at Old Navy at 7:30 this morning; too late to score the four free movie tickets they were giving out with every $20 purchase. Apparently staff were handing out wristbands to customers at 6 a.m., and they were snapped up.

Irene also reports that The Children's Place is offering 40% off everything in the store, and Guess has marked down all its merch by 25%. Maybe I'll get dressed and check things out for myself. Or maybe I'll go back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment