Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Au revoir, Extreme Air Miles

So long, Extreme Air Miles, it was fun while it lasted! Mr. Cheaperthan was at Madison Square Safeway last night and the cashier confirmed the end of the Extreme Air Miles promotion. We've been shopping religiously there for the past few months, because they offer 250 Air Miles when you spend $100, and 500 Air Miles when you spend $200. It's been our weekly challenge to spend just over $100 - I was quite proud of myself the week my bill came to $105. I know some people don't bother with Air Miles, but we are true believers. Look at it this way, you gotta buy groceries 'cause you gotta eat. Might as well pick up the Air Miles while you're at it... it's like free money!

By my personal converter, 250 Air Miles is worth $33.78. Here's how I figure it: When you redeem Air Miles for a gift certificate (like Chapters or The Bay), 185 AM = $25. Ergo, 250 AM = $33.78. See, algebra is good for something!

No comments:

Post a Comment