Friday, January 22, 2010

Getting my Tar-zhay hopes up

It's sad, but I get a rush of retail adrenaline every time I hear a favorite U.S. chain might hop across the 49th parallel. This morning I came across the headline Target is coming to Canada. (I should make that the name of my blog, I bet I would get a zillion hits.) Sadly the story doesn't offer the concrete detail I was anticipating. For example, I would have liked to read that Target is opening an outlet in the old Safeway space at Polo Park. Or even that Target is starting to ship to Canada. Instead, all it says is that Target is considering opening stores in Canada three years from now. (While I'm complaining, let me also note that the writer used the irritating cliché "untimely death" which makes you wonder whether there is such a thing as a "timely death.") Anyway, I guess I will return to Plan A: booking a hotel in Grand Forks.

No comments:

Post a Comment